Friday, September 15, 2006

DAY FIVE – TIME TO LEAVE



Boo hoo. The only film we saw today was Love and Other Disasters. It’s a British gay-themed film starring Brittany Murphy. Sounds hideous, right? I was more than skeptical because I loathe Brittany Murphy. As far as Murphys go, she’s pretty much the opposite of Cillian Murphy. She blows chunks. This movie, however, was totally charming, clever, and hilarious. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a fun, light movie. It was the perfect end to the festival – I’d seen enough nightmarish and heavy films to last me awhile.

More celeb sightings, up through the last day:
Christian Bale, Jeremy Davies, Werner Herzog, Adrian Grenier (who cares, right? He’s much cuter in real life though), Zach Braff. Steve also saw Christina Ricci, James McAvoy, Cara Seymour, and Peter Dinklage. I might be missing some. I found out Gael Garcia Bernal wasn’t even there, so I’m glad I didn’t go out of my way to see Babel. I talked to some women on the bus who said that it wasn’t a good movie and was too superficial, and Gael’s part was really tiny. They also said Brad Pitt was there, and waved at the crowd in a really condescending way. Dude is full of himself.

Standout performances: Cillian Murphy in the Barley movie, Christian Bale in Rescue Dawn, both Heath Ledger and Abbie Cornish in Candy, and the little girl in The Fall.
Cillian also gets an extra prize for being one of the most beautiful men I’ve ever seen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

That bums me out about Babel supposedly not being good, because the preview looked tight. I'm going to see it anyway (for my boy Koji.) Maybe it will be good in spite of the Pitt.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home